Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Full table

Geeeeezzzz - what happened to this January? It just started yesterday - why the heck is it already January 20?

I have recently finished the 32nd French line regiment (white uniforms). Unfortunately, the weather is too bad to make proper photos. I usually put my photobox into position at the backyard window - but for good photos, I need at least some sun. I'll deliver some pics later on, I promise.

In order to get forward with my Pre-Bardin-uniform project, I ordered another box of HaT French Line Infantry. The next day I started with conversion work. I took my sources and started to create units from my list of Italian troops. 

To make 7 Italian line grenadiers, you need 21 figures...
Conversion work is always a gory thing - you have to chop off heads, plumes, limbs and legs etc.
Finally, I ended up with a handful of grenadier heads for which I will never ever have any practical use.

 But finally, I had nearly 30 figures on my desk ready for painting, representing 8 units.

During the last two weeks, I made some basic painting work. Still it'll take some more weeks to fully complete those units. I suppose that the next thing to be ready will be the Spanish line infantry (center of the picture, brown uniforms).

Oh - good news by the way: today I received my Baden infantry, designed by Franznap and produced by Schilling. Thank you very much for that, friends - those are extremely detailed and beautiful figures. I can't wait to paint them. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, at least it's plastic your chopping up Zed ;0) I've had a few near slices when cutting the heads of my AB's. The franznap figures range is stunning, look forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out for your fingers with all that cutting Sascha! Looking forward to the painted figures!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete