Sunday, August 21, 2011

More Strelets!

I'm a fan of Strelets figures. I know that many people aren't, especially because of the chunky and somewhat comic-ish style of these figures - but as I'm a fan of comic-style results, I simply love them.
At the time I bought these four horsemen, I also buyed the infamous set 013, Napoleons General Staff.
This set includes a wide range of dismounted generals, marshals, officers and other figures, like for example the great army band which I painted in the colour of the Isembourg musicians (http://zedsnappies.blogspot.com/2011/07/project-isembourg-regiment-band.html).

Well - I have now painted a handful of the other figures as well and would like to show them to you here on my blog. So fasten your seatbelts, here we go...
...and maybe I complete this set one day... ;-)

The grenadier general has been painted as an officer for my Dutch guard grenadiers...




...unfortunately, Strelets forgot to give this guy a nose, so it looks somewhat stupid, doesn't it?
Luckily, they at least gave a nose to Marshal Lannes:
The next officer looked like an officer of Chevauxleger to me first, although Strelets had declared him to be an unspecified general. I have recently been told that it's an ADC. Well - I've painted it as an officer of the chasseurs a cheval of the Guadeloupe national guard for a 'painting duel' with Wikingpaintworks on Bennos' forum.
The last work of mine from this set, which I made as a gift for my father, was this marshal (supposed to be Massena, but I had a wrong look at the list) with an ADC:



Hope you like them as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Zed!

    I'm getting my first Strelets figures soon, from Ben (aka Victorious Secret); the dismounted dragoon figures. I've been reluctant to buy them myself because of the bad press, but you've shown us what's possible with your great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your compliments. As other painters, I have discovered that after painting, even the roughest looking Strelets figures become real beauties. So I guess that you will have a lot of fun with your dismounted dragoons! Hope to see them when you have finished them.

    ReplyDelete