Saturday, August 13, 2011

What's on the workbench today?

Hello friends, followers, guests and webghosts!

I'm still here and I'm still painting. Except from doing other things as well (much of them are part of normal-day-family-insanity), I still work on my figures but I must confess that I currently have a lot of unfinished things on my desk and can't concentrate on any of them for more than an hour before my eyes switch to the next one...

So apart from a setup of infantry figures for my long-time HaT project (this figures will represent infantry of the grand-duchy of Wurzburg), I have some new hussars on my workbench:
They are still in an early stage of painting, I know. But I can already see the results in front of my inner eyes...
The left one is a hussar from the grand-duchy of Baden, the guy in the middle is a Polish hussar. Both are from Strelets' French hussar set, richly detailed, though a little bit dwarfy and great to paint.

The man on the right side is another example on how many different nations used the same hussar uniform shape in the years between 1740 and 1806. This time, it's a swedish hussar - and there was not a single thing to be modified on the figure. I have another one of these hussars, which I took from HaTs' set of 1806 Prussian hussars, that has already been painted - but this will follow a little bit later. ;-)

Btw - I've also updated the hussar and the pre-1812 uniform articles. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment